Thursday, September 3, 2009

Comparisons #1

Ok, so I finally got together a comparison post. This took more work than I thought it would. This is lesson three from the JohnK/Preston Blair lessons.. Compare your work...


So I figure I'd start with this atrocious old woman...




This one's pretty painful to look at.. construction isn't great. The eyes are way too wide apart and look pasted on her head. Nose isn't long or crooked enough. the Chin is too long and the glasses are too tall. Eyebrows are in the wrong position too. I need to take another crack at this one...



I like how this wolf turned out. The construction is pretty good aside from some proportion issues. Also the ears don't point straight back like Preston's does and the eyes aren't stretched far enough. Lastly, the nose is too small on mine. Not bad overall though.




I thought this ram was a pretty good copy until I compared it. The head on mine is slightly tilted forward. The snout is pretty good, but the eyes aren't angry enough. Construction is pretty good though.



Again, mine is tilted slighty on the wrong angle and the head isn't tall enough. Good proportion on eyes, nose and ears. The mouth isn't as wide. Another not so bad copy.



This one's pretty good, only two complaints. Eyes are too small and so is the nose. Other than that pretty good.



Here's some sort of sexy mouse or something. Mine actually looks more feminine than Preston's, not sure if that was intentional. The ears are a little off on this one and again the nose and eyes are a little small.



What can I say about this one? The construction seems kind of shabby on this. The eyebrows don't seem to be shaped right nor do the jowels. Looks like Butch lost a few pounds in my copy.



I'm proud of this one because I feel like I really caught the feel of the character in my copy. There are some construction issues with it like the smaller snout and small ears, but I mostly like this one.

Well, that was fantabulous! Next up I'm gonna do some more of lesson 2 drawing and compare my Donald Duck drawings to the originals... Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment